Have a media inquiry? Need to speak with someone in one of our country offices? Find the Pathfinder you're looking for on our "Contact Us" page.
Host A Fundraiser
When you host a community fundraiser for Pathfinder International, you take critical action to give women choices. By reaching out to your friends and family to support your fundraiser, you widen the circle of people working together for women and families around the world.
You can turn your athletic events, vacation activities, or even birthday parties into a fundraiser for Pathfinder. The funds you raise help us deliver the critical tools for sexual and reproductive health care where they are needed most.
Tell Us About Your Event
Interested in fundraising for Pathfinder? Please contact us and tell us about your event! Email email@example.com or call 617.924.7200.
A great fundraiser has a great plan, and a great group of family and friends to pull it off! Here are some resources to get you started.
- Event Tools: Organize a successful event with a Nametag Template, Sign-in Sheet, Sample Invitation, and Thank You Note.
- Girl2Woman: Show a powerful video at your event and give attendees an opportunity to take action in the days that follow. Each time they share the video through our Girl2Woman site, a generous donor gives $1 to advance our work, up to $1 million!
- Pathways: Want a great publication to hand out at your event? Access Pathfinder's newsletters electronically. Recent themes include "Changing Lives Through Family Planning" and "A Global Response to HIV and AIDS that Begins in the Home."
Community Fundraising Guidelines
What You Need to Know
- When you decide to hold a fundraiser for Pathfinder International, you are responsible for all aspects of planning and implementing your event. Some events, such as auctions or raffles, may require local registration, permits, or certificates of insurance. You are responsible for understanding and meeting any local, state, and federal requirements as required by law.
- You are responsible for paying all expenses. If your expenses are being paid out of proceeds, these costs should be deducted from the funds raised prior to sending the final donation check to Pathfinder.
Branding and Marketing Materials
- Fundraisers should reflect the mission and image of Pathfinder International as global organization dedicated to ensuring people's rights to reproductive health services. Not sure? Contact us with your questions! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.924.7200.
- Use of Pathfinder International's name or logo requires our approval. We will work with you to provide photographs, logos, and guide your efforts to create brand-appropriate materials for your event.
- Legally, your event can only identify Pathfinder International as a beneficiary. For example, while you can't call your fundraiser "Pathfinder International Bike for Women," you can call it "Bike For Women, benefiting Pathfinder International."
- If Pathfinder is not the only beneficiary of your fundraiser, the exact percentage or amount of proceeds that benefit Pathfinder should be clearly stated on all materials you distribute to donors.
Donations and Receipts
- To avoid duplicate solicitations, we ask that you notify us before asking a business or company for a donation, cash or in-kind.
- Please make all proceeds payable to Pathfinder International and send them to Pathfinder Fundraising, 9 Galen Street, Suite 217, Watertown, MA 02472. Please do not send cash.
- No bank accounts in the name of Pathfinder International can be set up to hold funds from a fundraiser.
- Pathfinder will issue IRS compliant charitable tax receipts, if the gift is made payable directly to Pathfinder International and sent to Pathfinder Fundraising, 9 Galen Street, Suite 217, Watertown, MA 02472. If goods or services were received as a part of the charitable gift, the receipt will reflect only the gift amount above the value of the good or service. With each gift, please include the donor's detailed contact information. Please do not promise any kind of receipt to your donors; issuing an inappropriate receipt can put Pathfinder's charitable tax status in jeopardy.
Additional Guidelines for Art Auctions
- Fair market value of item must be disclosed to bidder on the invitation or in a booklet, etc. The artist can appraise their artwork.
- Donors may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value, but are responsible for showing they knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid.
- Any donations of in-kind items for auctions are made to you, the event organizer, not Pathfinder. Therefore, donors will not receive a tax-receipt for their donation of in-kind items used in auctions.
Pathfinder reserves the right to decline approval or withdraw as beneficiary of the event at anytime if we feel there is a conflict of interest or the event may have a negative effect on the image of Pathfinder International.