Pathfinder Joins the Raise for Women Challenge; Aspires to Win $25,000 for Women's Reproductive Health
This month, Huffington Post, Skoll Foundation, and Half the Sky Movement launched the Raise for Women Challenge, to give recognition and resources to charities whose missions center on advancing the status of women. Between now and June 6, 2013, the challenge will give away $75,000 in prizes. The top three organizations to raise the most for their cause will receive $25,000, $15,000, and $10,000. In addition to the grand prizes, Raise for Women will give away $25,000 for smaller challenges along the way.
Pathfinder International is honored to be one of the organizations chosen to compete for the slate of prizes. This is a unique challenge that will help raise critical funds for Pathfinder programs as well as increase visibility for Pathfinder’s work to ensure all women have access to sexual and reproductive health care.
But we can’t win the challenge without your help!
Whether you’re making a gift—be it large or small—or giving us a hand by spreading the word about Raise for Women, you’ll be making a difference for women around the world.
Pathfinder’s main goals are:
- To have more than 100 unique donors
- To win the $25,000 grand prize by raising the most of any organization
To help us reach these goals, we are asking supporters to get involved! Give a gift today of $25, $50, or $100.
- $25 provides 4 doctors with infection prevention manuals.
- $50 gives a woman in Peru a year of contraception and counseling.
- $100 trains a community health worker in India to provide basic family planning services.
- $250 trains 10 midwives to recognize the signs of high-risk pregnancies, enabling them to refer a woman to a health facility.
Please contact Kate Stookey, Director of Public Affairs, at 617-972-1231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Purnima Mane joins InterAction's Board of Directors.
Pathfinder's mhealth projects in Nigeria and Tanzania are highlighted in the latest volume of the mHealth Compendum.