Special Event: London Summit on Family Planning: Where Do We Go from Here?
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, Pathfinder International and co-sponsors Ibis Reproductive Health, Management Sciences for Health, JSI, and the Women and Health Initiative of the Harvard School of Public Health, will host a special panel event: The London Summit on Family Planning: Where Do We Go from Here?
This unique event in Boston serves as a follow-up to July’s London Summit on Family Planning, and will advance the conversation about how to mobilize global policy and planning to extend reproductive rights and contraceptives to 120 million more women by the year 2020.
Join us from 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm at The Linda K. Paresky Conference Center at Simmons College to hear what promises to be a highly engaging panel presentation by foremost experts in the field of family planning. RSVP is strongly encouraged.
Detailed Event Schedule:
12:00 pm Boxed Lunches and Networking
12:30 pm Welcome and Introduction of Keynote Speaker
- Joel Lamstein, President, John Snow, Inc.
- Dr. Jonathan Quick, President and CEO, Management Sciences for Health
12:40 pm Keynote Presentation
- David Canning, PhD, Richard Saltonstall Professor of Population Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health
12:50 pm Panel Discussion
- Monica Kerrigan, Deputy Director of Family Planning, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Sandra Jordan, Senior Technical Advisor for Communications, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, United State Agency for International Development (Invited)
- Kyle Peterson, Managing Director, FSG
- Adrienne Germain, Winner of the United Nations Population Fund’s 2012 Population Award
- Moderator: Purnima Mane, PhD, President and CEO, Pathfinder International
1:30 pm Moderated Question and Answer Session
2:15 pm Closing Remarks
- Kelly Blanchard, President, Ibis Reproductive Health
For more information, please contact Jaime-Alexis Fowler, firstname.lastname@example.org 617.407.8955
Collaborative Group, Including Pathfinder's E2A, Launches New Training Tool for Full Range of Family Planning Services, Providers
To fill the need for a comprehensive, evidence-based tool for training health professionals in the safe and effective delivery of family planning services, the Evidence to Action Project finalized a groundbreaking new tool.
Pathfinder's work supports women like Aisha, a mother who suffered from postpartum hemorrhage when having her ninth child. By emphasizing family planning and the importance of pre- and postnatal care, Pathfinder reducing maternal mortality worldwide.