- Partner with four local organizations to connect women to needed services, reduce stigma and discrimination, and build their capacity
- Use a rights-based approach to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV along four prongs set out by UNICEF
- Address structural and behavioral barriers that hinder young women from making informed decisions about treatment
- Prevent unintended pregnancies and address loss-to-follow-up through community interventions targeting young women, particularly those living with HIV, and community stakeholders
- Strengthen the enabling environment at the community-level by encouraging contraception use and counseling on dual protection among discordant couples
Before, During, & After Pregnancy: Always Women
Our Always Women project works to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV and support the health and rights of young women of reproductive age in Mozambique’s Gaza province. Together with four local organizations, we’re empowering young women living with HIV to make informed reproductive health decisions.