- Established a network of 244 youth-friendly service sites where young people could access quality health services and counseling
- Supported the development of a national peer education system (“activistas”), who provide information and life skills to both in- and out-of-school adolescents to improve their knowledge, skills, behavior, and practices regarding their own sexual and reproductive health
- Expanded project activities from two pilot sites—Maputo and Zambézia province—to all 11 provinces in Mozambique
- Strengthened the capacities of our institutional partners—Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Youth and Sports, civil society organizations, and youth associations—to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate adolescent health interventions
- Successfully transferred ownership of the project and its tools and systems to the Mozambican Ministry of Health in 2011
Geração Biz Program
Geração Biz (“busy generation”) promoted reproductive and sexual health and HIV & AIDS prevention among adolescents. One of Pathfinder’s flagship adolescent and youth programs, Geração Biz increased gender awareness, reduced the incidence of unplanned pregnancies, and decreased young people’s vulnerability to STIs, HIV, and unsafe abortion.