- Make sure women and girls have control over whether and when to have children so they can choose to pursue employment and leadership roles in their communities
- Package information about conservation and reproductive health together, so men are more engaged and willing to promote reproductive rights and their partner’s choice to use contraception
- Stop preventable maternal deaths by making sure women can access high-quality care at every stage—before, during, and after pregnancy
- Create and support teams of local fishers and farmers so they can lead efforts to protect the ecosystem for future generations
- Encourage leaders in the local, regional, and national governments to broaden the reach of population, health, and environment programs across East Africa
Health of People and Environment in the Lake Victoria Basin
People living in the Lake Victoria Basin face urgent health, environmental, and economic challenges. They need the power to access to sexual and reproductive health services and manage their natural resources sustainably. In two districts in Uganda and two counties in Kenya, we’re making sure they can.