- Advance universal access to contraception by promoting quality, integrated public health services.
- Support the government to build a responsive and inclusive health system that provides quality care to all Bangladeshis.
- Strengthen the health system by training and mentoring health providers using state-of-the-art curricula and training methodologies, and by integrating gender-transformative approaches and digital health solutions.
- Advance adolescent-friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
- Leverage public-private partnerships to support marginalized communities, including urban slum populations.
- Enhance capacity of the public health system and local organizations to provide sexual and reproductive health care to Rohingya refugees and their host communities.
- Empower women and girls in low-resource communities with the tools, knowledge, networks, and resources to survive and thrive through today and tomorrow’s health needs and crises, including climate-induced natural disasters.
In Bangladesh since 1978.
For more than 60 years, Pathfinder has partnered with communities and the government of Bangladesh to ensure even the hardest-to-reach people can access contraception. Hand in hand, we have strengthened public-sector health services to better serve women and girls.
Today, our partnership with the government increases access to sexual and reproductive health care through universal health coverage. We support the government with strengthening the public health system, including mentorship and training of health providers, integration of gender-transformative approaches, readying health facilities to provide quality services, and rolling out digital health solutions. We reach the most marginalized and underserved communities, including those living in urban slums, Rohingya refugee camps, and regions devastated by climate change-induced floods and natural disasters.