- Train health providers on current standards and guidelines of care, so they can respond to obstetric emergencies and save the lives of mothers and newborns
- Make sure women can access contraception and safe, legal abortion services, including postabortion care, to protect their health and exercise their reproductive rights
- Empower students and teachers with information to improve their respiratory health and prevent tuberculosis, which leads to the deaths of 2,000+ Peruvians each year
- Connect communities and health systems, so people receive the services they need and the quality of care they deserve
- Make sure essential drugs and supplies are always available in the hardest-to-reach communities
In Peru since 1983.
Peru is making progress—bringing sexual and reproductive health care to its people. 75% of married women ages 15-49 are using a method of contraception. On average, women have four fewer children than they did in 1969. Maternal mortality has dropped by over 70% in 26 years.
Pathfinder is proud to be part of this change. For 33 years, we’ve partnered with the government to make sure Peruvians can protect their health and exercise their rights. Today, we keep this momentum going in Peru’s poorest, most underserved communities. See how we are leaving no woman behind.