In celebration of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Day, please join Pathfinder International and Global Health Council as we reflect on the 2021 UHC Day theme “Leave No One’s Health Behind: Invest in Health Systems for All” by identifying what governments need to do to effectively address gaps in health coverage for marginalized peoples.
This webinar will open with a fireside chat—featuring Burkina Faso Minister of Health Prof. Charlemagne Ouedraogo—honing in on the role of primary health care in achieving UHC, collaborating with civil society organizations and local partners, and holding governments accountable to their commitments. From there, we will pass the mic to a panel of experts in AYSRHR, disability rights, and LGBTQ+ activism for a roundtable discussion on limitations of the UHC model and how we can all work together to ensure that health coverage translates to health care access for all. REGISTER >>
- Nathalie Nkoume, Technical Advisor, Adolescents and Youth, Pathfinder International
- Rosemary Mburu, Executive Director, WACI Health
- Rasak Adekoya, Program Officer, Inclusion Works, Sight Savers
- Dr. Naresh Pratap KC, Administrator Family Planning Association of Nepal, FPAN
- Opening remarks by Lois Quam, President and CEO of Pathfinder International.
- Moderated by Elisha Dunn-Georgiou, President and CEO of Global Health Council.