- Use the evidence-based SMART approach, research, data, and our programmatic expertise to advocate with governments and civil society for policies that support sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Support communities as they advocate for supportive policies that address their unique sexual and reproductive health care needs
- Bring together global experts, government officials, and health providers to share knowledge and find solutions that promote sexual and reproductive health and rights worldwide
- Engage key stakeholders in governments and communities to dedicate increased funds for sexual and reproductive health where the need is greatest
- Raise our voices to inform, influence, and advance global efforts to ensure all people have the right to make their own decisions about their bodies and their future
Every day, millions of people are denied the right to decide whether and when to have children. The right to live free from violence and stigma. The right to receive critical health services. Girls in 93 countries can legally become child brides. 1 in 4 people live in a country that prohibits abortion, even to protect a woman’s life.
Pathfinder challenges these restrictive policies and the systems that threaten the health and futures of the people we serve. We draw on our 60 years of experience to inspire policymakers and communities to take action. From the US Supreme Court to local governments in the 17 countries where we work, we fight to remove barriers to sexual and reproductive rights.