- Bring quality contraceptive services closer to the people who need them by bridging gaps between communities and health facilities
- Make sure a full range of contraceptive options are always available—from Standard Days Method® to long-acting reversible methods
- Empower people to choose the contraceptive method that’s best for them by training providers to respect clients’ fertility intentions and personal preferences
- Launch a new digital health app that helps the government’s community health workers to do their job more effectively and provide higher quality care
- Encourage and reward the good work of community health workers, introducing a pay-for-performance scheme using mobile money
Expanding Contraceptive Method Mix in Shinyanga
Pathfinder pioneered community-based distribution of contraception in Tanzania. Today we’re building on that legacy. In Shinyanga, through our Evidence to Action project, we support the government of Tanzania’s efforts to bring information and full contraceptive choice to underserved communities.