- Support increased integration of services—including family planning, maternal and newborn health, and HIV—aiming for a “one-stop shop” to meet client needs and preferences
- Build a strong local response to sexual and gender-based violence so survivors get the help they need without delay
- Share information on healthy behaviors that empower people to make decisions leading to better health at every stage of life
- Strengthen district health bureaus and facilities as they implement an integrated package of services
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Public Health and the Fight Against AIDS, provincial health bureaus, and district health bureaus to build up the performance-based financing system
Integrated Health Project
With the 8th highest number of maternal deaths in the world, Burundi continues to suffer the effects of the civil war that ended in 2006. We’re teaming up with communities, civil society, and the government to provide the people of Burundi—especially women and children—with integrated health and support services as close to their homes as possible.