- Disseminate integrated population, health, and environment (PHE) messages through trained PHE champions, who help community members understand the links between their health and their environment – and, as a result, help them to become more resilient.
- Train community health workers on voluntary family planning counseling, distribution of short-term contraceptives, and referral of clients who want long-acting and permanent contraception.
- Train and provide mentorship opportunities to local health care providers to provide quality sexual and reproductive health care at health facilities.
- Enhance the capacity of local governments to facilitate integrated PHE programming.
- Support health outreach events to bring quality care to people in remote areas that cannot easily access health facilities.
Landscape Conservation in Western Tanzania
In partnership with the Jane Goodall Institute, Pathfinder implements a community-centered program in western Tanzania that aims to protect endangered chimpanzee populations and their habitats, while improving the health of the surrounding communities.