- Strengthens the capacity of local service providers (public, private, faith-based health facilities and community) to provide quality family planning, malaria, maternal and child services.
- Integrates family planning services into other MCH services, especially immediate post-partum family planning counseling, at HIV treatment sites to support the needs of women living with HIV to access family planning services.
- Contributes to reducing death and disease by supporting prevention, care, referrals, and education related to malnutrition.
- Deploys mobile clinics during periods of peak malaria incidence to hardest hit areas in the northern and southern provinces to provide malaria services. Implements malaria control activities.
- Enlists the support of community leaders and gatekeepers in community education and mobilization related to new malaria treatment guidelines.
- Uses radio programs to bolster and intensify campaigns for behavior change related to health issues addressed by Tubiteho.
- Seeks to reduce gender-based violence by conducting gender sensitization trainings with project and partner staff, enabling them to integrate what they learn into project interventions.
Tubiteho (Let’s Take Care of Them)
Tubiteho unifies health resources and works with local partners to accelerate the delivery and uptake of family planning, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, nutrition, malaria, and gender-based violence prevention and treatment services.