- Engage multiple stakeholders across government, cultural and religious institutions, civil society, private sector and implementing partners to strengthen leadership and coordination to address barriers to family planning uptake.
- Increase the proportion of the national health budget allocated to family planning.
- Facilitate the updating and dissemination of national family planning standards and guidelines.
- Build capacity for service delivery with a focus on quality counseling and expansion of providers’ technical skills to offer a full range of contraceptive options.
- Address contraceptive stock-outs to increase the access to quality voluntary family planning.
- Develop district capacity to increase postpartum family planning and integration of other family planning services
- Work with drug shops and private pharmacies in underserved areas where there are few or no health clinics.
- Improve data quality, reporting, and use for program design, management and decision making.
- Shift social norms through evidence-based social and behavior change communication techniques to improve healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies.
USAID/Uganda Family Planning Activity (FPA)
Pathfinder is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Uganda Family Planning Activity that will address underlying social, cultural, and structural barriers to family planning access, particularly among adolescents, youth, first-time parents, and low-parity women in 11 districts across Uganda.