The training strategy assumes that:
- Youth are different from adults and therefore have differing needs, requiring different approaches.
- Staff, volunteers and others benefit from a better understanding of these needs.
- Personal values and beliefs related to adolescent sexuality influence how policies and programs are designed and implemented.
The training strategy is designed to:
- Respond to the needs of missions, CAs, and others.
- Meet the needs of diverse groups of people who work with youth.
- Provide an orientation to YARH issues, including HIV/AIDS, sexual behavior & decision making, and contraceptive use.
- Increase institutional & individual capacity.
- Orient or train professionals to apply FOCUS tools.