Pathfinder envisions a world where everyone, even in the most challenging environments, has what they need to be healthy, thrive, and live the life they choose.
We build lasting and trusted local partnerships to strengthen health systems, forging resilient pathways to sexual and reproductive health and rights for all.
- Respect: Everything we do is built on a foundation of understanding and respect for the values, beliefs, knowledge, and capabilities of our staff, our local partners, and the people we serve.
- Courage: We go where others often won’t—among the most marginalized populations, in the most challenging environments, and in the hardest-to-reach regions—and do what others often don’t—confronting obstacles head-on and challenging the status quo—to achieve our mission.
- Collaboration: We embrace diverse perspectives and disciplines, joining with partners at the local, national, and global levels towards a common vision and the realization of transformational change.
- Innovation: Our staff and partners seek out the most effective solutions, piloting new approaches and adapting current practices to respond to the ever-evolving nature of our work and the communities we serve.
- Integrity: We earn the trust of donors, partners, governments, and the people we serve by rigorously measuring performance, sharing our results, and holding ourselves accountable.
Our trusted local partnerships with governments and civil society organizations have strengthened and expanded health systems and services, allowing women, young people, and entire communities to access sexual and reproductive healthcare and other essential services, even in the most challenging environments.
Community and Country-Led
The knowledge of the people we serve and our understanding of their local languages, cultures, and histories inform our response. From program design through implementation and institutionalization, we listen closely to our community partners and run programs that drive sustained local impact. Today, we are moving assertively to fully adopt a country-led, community-focused model. This means being run from the countries we serve, with decisions made close to where our work is happening.
Pathfinder acts decisively to constantly adjust, adapt, and meet the needs of the people we serve. We increasingly strengthen new services and systems and deploy new technologies and solutions that increase communities’ resilience to conflicts, climate change, pandemics, and natural disasters. By responding to the new demands facing women, young people, and their communities, we help them to meet the growing challenges they face every day.