- Strengthen health centers and community health workers, so they can deliver high-quality holistic care—for maternal and newborn health, contraception, HIV services, and cervical cancer prevention
- Make sure short-term, long-acting, permanent, and emergency contraception are always available so people of all ages can choose the method that’s best for them
- Support people who need it most and whose rights have gone ignored, such as young people and fistula survivors
- Mobilize communities to address the social issues that so often prevent people from accessing health care, such as gender-based violence and gender inequality
- Build the skills of local health workers and government officials, so our impact will continue long after our projects end
In Ethiopia since 1964.
Over 101 million people live in Ethiopia—more than almost anywhere else in Africa. Most live in hard-to-reach communities. Millions lack the services they need. 63% of married women are not using an effective method of contraception. And 11,000 women die from complications in pregnancy and childbirth each year.
We believe all Ethiopians should have the ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights. Pathfinder is making sure they can. We have a long history of partnering with the government to bring high-quality services to millions of people in urgent need. For over 50 years and counting, see how our programs in Ethiopia change lives.