- Strengthen health centers and train community health workers so that they can deliver quality, holistic care—for sexual and reproductive health, maternal and newborn health, contraception, HIV, and cervical cancer prevention.
- Make sure short-term, long-acting, permanent, and emergency contraception are always available so that people of all ages can choose the method that’s best for them.
- Work across multiple sectors and at individual, community, and systems levels to empower adolescent girls.
- Support people who need it most and whose rights have gone ignored, such as young people and fistula survivors.
- Strengthen key systems and the quality of services to be equitable and adolescent-responsive—including within the health, education, livelihoods, and child protection sectors.
- Mobilize communities to address the social issues that so often prevent people from accessing health care, such as gender-based violence and gender inequality.
- Build the skills of local health workers and government officials so that our impact will continue long after our projects end.
In Ethiopia since 1964.
Pathfinder works to ensure that all Ethiopians have the ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights. Pathfinder has a long history of partnering with the government to bring quality health care services to millions of people in urgent need. Across the country, Pathfinder has worked to strengthen health infrastructure, train and mentor the health workforce, and ensure that all people get the care they need, including maternal and newborn care, cervical cancer screenings and prevention, and reproductive health care.