- Strengthen health centers and community health workers, so more people in more places can get holistic services they need, from contraception and maternal care to nutrition and sanitation
- Build the capacity of health workers to deliver high quality comprehensive care to millions of people living with HIV and their families
- Prevent the transmission of HIV from mother to child by identifying and supporting pregnant women who are HIV-positive
- Focus on the unique sexual and reproductive health needs of adolescents—the largest generation of young people in history—as they come of age
- Create innovative digital health tools that help providers do their jobs more effectively and provide higher quality care to underserved people
In Kenya since 1964.
There are over 45 million people in Kenya—and every one of them has a right to sexual and reproductive health care. Yet millions lack the services they need. 78,000 people in Kenya became newly infected with HIV in 2015. Nearly 25% were adolescents.
Pathfinder’s work in Kenya has been driven by our commitment to go where others will not. Over 50 years ago, we provided seed funds to establish the International Planned Parenthood Affiliate. Today, our commitment to the people of Kenya is stronger than ever. See how we partner with the government to reach millions with the services they need to transform their lives.