- Increase the agency of women and girls to make decisions about their SRHR.
- Use gender-synchronized approaches that engage women and men in transforming gender norms and balancing power within families.
- Constructively engage men and boys as individuals, within couples and communities, and through health facilities as partners and advocates for gender equality.
- Support health providers and facilities to improve the health sector response to gender-based violence.
- Strengthen health services and systems to be more gender responsive and equitable to better meet the needs of clients and communities.
- Map, engage, and partner with local organizations working on gender equality and women’s and girls’ rights.
- Advocate to transform laws and policies that perpetuate gender inequalities; promote policies that support the agency and rights of women, girls, and marginalized groups; and, ensure health and key equity measures are disaggregated by sex and age.
Gender equality is a human right—one that Pathfinder advances through sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) programs. Gender equality and SRHR reinforce one another: gender-equal societies strengthen SRHR, and SRHR contributes to gender equality, particularly by removing barriers to women and girls exercising agency in their lives. Pathfinder’s programs seek to transform harmful gender norms; reduce the impact of gender-based violence on SRHR; and, change the policies, structures, and systems that hold individuals of all genders back.
In addition to our programs, our Gender Equity Initiative fosters gender equity internally across our organization.