In partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, this project provides adaptive, needs-driven technical assistance and systems strengthening at national, divisional, district, and upazila levels. Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning, known as Shukhi Jibon in Bangladesh, reaches those most in need of family planning services and information—districts and divisions with lower modern contraceptive prevalence and populations facing the greatest barriers.
- Accelerate commitment and momentum for family planning use and uptake by ensuring that there are skilled, responsive, and respectful providers in the public sector.
- Work with young people and their communities to transform norms surrounding sexual and reproductive health information and services.
- Partner with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to put in place a flexible implementation model.
- Build up the National Institute of Population Research and Training as a leader in training and mentoring family planning providers using state-of-the-art curricula, training methodologies, and certification programs.
- Advance the government of Bangladesh’s FP2020 commitment to the right to health for adolescents, youth, and all Bangladeshis.
- Build the quality and quantity of human capital in the health system by integrating robust adolescent and youth-friendly health services into target area’s facilities and communities.
- Strengthen the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s ability to provide information and services to adolescents and youth.
- Create sustainable, equitable, and responsive systems that will result in lasting impact on national systems and family planning use.