- Empower adolescents and youth to make their own decisions about their bodies and their futures by changing community norms related to gender, adolescent sexuality, early marriage, and childbearing
- Strengthen health services to offer young people the sexual and reproductive health care they need without judgment or bias, including access to long-acting contraceptive methods
- Support young women and first-time parents to delay their first pregnancy and space their births to ensure the health of the mother and her children
- Partner with young people to develop new and creative behavior change strategies—like digital health and games—that lead to healthier practices and lifelong good habits
- Connect young advocates and policymakers to foster supportive policies that promote young people’s health and rights
Adolescents & Youth
Nearly half of the world’s population is under 25. Most live in the poorest countries, where the second leading cause of death for girls 15-19 globally is complication in pregnancy and childbirth. 23 million adolescents need contraception but don’t have it. Over 1 billion young people need accurate, unbiased information and health care free from judgment.
Pathfinder is making sure they get it. We believe sexual and reproductive health care is essential for young people to realize their full potential. Their lives depend on it. Wherever the need is most urgent, our programs ensure young people can make their own decisions about their bodies and choose their own path forward.