USAID (led by IMA World Health and a consortium of partners, including JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., Pathfinder, GOAL USA Fund, CARE, Africa Christian Health, and Associations Platform (ACHAP)
MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) improves equitable access to quality maternal, newborn, and child health; nutrition; voluntary family planning; and reproductive health care in countries affected by conflict, disasters, population displacement, and other crises. The project strengthens the resiliency of health systems by tailoring program activities to partner countries’ unique needs and contexts. Together with our partners, we are strengthening the capacity of local organizations and governments to respond to public health challenges, now and in the future, which affect women, children, and families globally.
- Conduct fragility analyses to identify ongoing and potential shocks and stressors that impact healthcare.
- Strengthen the capacity of providers to ensure sustainable access to integrated health services.
- Partner with governments to provide supportive supervision and mentoring to community health workers.
- Improve immunization programs and uptake by providing high-quality vaccination services to populations that need them most.
- Test and adopt innovative practices to increase access to voluntary family planning and reproductive health services for first-time parents.
- Promote the use of digital health tools to support providers with data-driven decision-making.
- Increase the involvement of private for-profit and private nonprofit providers in the delivery of family planning and maternal health services.