- Make sure young married women and their partners can access and use contraception—with the support of their communities
- Make sure short-term, long-acting, permanent, and emergency contraception are always available so people of all ages can choose the method that’s best for them
- Talk to men, religious leaders, and mothers-in-law to eliminate bias and misconceptions that can prevent healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy
- Make sure essential drugs and supplies, including contraceptives, are always available in the hardest-to-reach villages
- Support the government to roll out Niger’s National Family Planning Strategic Plan, strengthening its health systems, providers, and facilities
Without Fear or Boundary in Niger
Niger is one of the poorest countries on Earth. It has one of the highest fertility rates in the world and an extremely low use of contraception among the population who needs it most—young women.
We believe all people have the right to decide when and whether to have children. We’re making sure they can in Niger. Our work brings sexual and reproductive health care to the doorsteps of Nigerien women and girls whose rights have long been ignored. See how change starts here.