- Created an unprecedented partnership between public and private health systems to address all major causes of maternal mortality, including postpartum hemorrhage
- Trained and supported a network of providers in communities and facilities, so women can get affordable quality care wherever they are
- Engaged community members so they know risk factors during pregnancy, where to get quality maternal care, and how to access emergency transportation
- Connected rural women to specialists in cities via telemedicine
- Made sure short-term, long-acting, permanent, and postpartum contraception are always available, so people can choose the method that’s best for them
More women die from complications in pregnancy and childbirth in Uttar Pradesh than anywhere else in India. We saved their lives by partnering with the state government and World Health Partners to bring high-quality antenatal and emergency obstetric care as well as postpartum contraception to women who need it most.