The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
Girls Received Service for Sexual and GBV
Health Facilities YFS Strengthened
Potabortion Care Services Provided
Volunteers Trained on AYSRH
Nearly 30% of women in the DRC have experienced sexual violence. We are working to change that. Pathfinder joins local partners in Kinshasa to address sexual and gender-based violence against young women and uphold their sexual and reproductive rights.
- Build a strong local response to sexual violence & gender-based violence so survivors get the help they need without delay.
- Train and coach service providers to deliver the high-quality services young people need, including lifesaving postabortion care, contraception, and HIV testing and treatment.
- Mobilize communities to transform harmful gender norms that make young women vulnerable to violence, unsafe sex, unwanted pregnancy, and unsafe abortion.
- Make sure survivors of sexual and gender-based violence are provided with legal support.
- Call on policymakers to introduce and expand policies that protect young people’s sexual and reproductive rights.