- Strengthen services provided by health centers and community health workers so that contraception is available everywhere it’s needed.
- Make sure a full range of contraceptive methods are always available, enabling people of all ages to choose the option that’s best for them.
- Train health providers to deliver the services young people need and deserve, including postabortion care that can save their lives.
- Enhance the capability of youth associations and organizations to ensure health services respond to the needs of young people.
- Partner with communities, including men, religious leaders, and other decision makers, to tackle the root causes of gender inequality, giving women and men, girls and boys equal opportunities.
Without Fear or Boundary in the DRC
Working closely with the Congolese government and other stakeholders, Pathfinder ensures that nearly 47 million people—many of them women and adolescent girls—receive the reproductive health services they need to protect their health and future. In the DRC, Pathfinder expands access to contraceptive services, advocates for the safety and quality of abortion care, improves maternal and newborn health, and supports gender-based violence prevention and support services. Our programs engage local communities to change harmful gender norms, train health providers to offer quality care, and promote inclusive and youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services.