- Strengthen health centers and community health workers so contraception is available everywhere it’s needed
- Make sure a full range of contraceptive methods are always available, so people of all ages can choose the option that’s best for them
- Train health providers to deliver the services young people need and deserve, including postabortion care that can save their lives
- Partner with communities, including men, religious leaders, and other decision makers, to tackle the root causes of gender inequality so women and men, girls and boys have equal opportunities
- Build a strong local response to sexual and gender-based violence so survivors get the help they need without delay
Without Fear or Boundary in the DRC
Each year, 22,000 women die from complications in pregnancy and childbirth in the DRC. Millions lack the services they need to protect their health and future. And over 90% of married women ages 15-49 aren’t using a modern method of contraception.
Pathfinder believes all Congolese people should have the ability to prevent unintended pregnancy, survive childbirth, and live free from violence. We’re making sure they can. Reaching nearly 1 million people and counting, see how our programs deliver the knowledge and sexual and reproductive health care people need and deserve.