PHDC 2023 is a significant conference that delves into the intricate connections between population shifts and dynamics, health, and development. This conference will be held from September 5 – 8 in Cairo, Egypt.
Pathfinder experts and leaders are speaking at seven events delving into gender based health disparities, strategies for building resilience and adapting to climate-related challenges, community-based initiatives for climate change mitigation and health adaptation, strengthening primary healthcare systems, and more.
View our events below:
Climate Change, Health, and Resilience
Date: Wednesday, September 6 | Time: 13:00-14:00
- Health impacts of climate change and population vulnerability
- Strategies for building resilience and adapting to climate-related challenges
- Community-based initiatives for climate change mitigation and health adaptation
- Mahi Bebawi, Project Director, Women-Led Climate Resilience Project, Pathfinder International
Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality in Population Health
Date: Wednesday, September 6 | Time: 16:00-17:00
- The role of women’s empowerment in improving population health outcomes
- Gender-based health disparities and their implications
- Strategies for promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in health and development
- Shamima Parveen, Gender Manager, Pathfinder Bangladesh
- Jodi Di Profio, Senior Technical Advisor, Pathfinder
Role of Civil Society in Supporting Healthy Population for Sustainable Development
Date: Wednesday, September 6 | Time: 17:00-18:00
- Bridging the gap in healthcare access for marginalized populations, both in terms of physical infrastructure and essential medical services.
- Collaborating with local communities to address public health challenges.
- The role of NGOs in promoting family planning services, educating women on reproductive health, and advocating for women’s rights in relation to reproductive choices.
- Innovative approaches and models implemented by NGOs to deliver healthcare services in resource-constrained settings.
- Contribution to Maternal and Child Health.
- Advocacy and policy Influence of NGOs in Health and Population.
- Emergency response during natural disasters or conflicts.
- The contribution of NGOs towards achieving the health-related SDGs.
- Successful partnerships between NGOs, governments, and private sector organizations.
- NGO Capacity Building
- Dr. Rannia Moustafa, Assistant Country Director, Pathfinder Egypt
Primary Health Care: A Cornerstone for Development
Date: Thursday, September 7 | Time: 11:30-12:30
- Strengthening primary healthcare systems and improving community-based health services
- Innovative models and best practices in primary healthcare delivery
- Promoting comprehensive sex education and youth-friendly services
- Antje Becker, Managing Director, Behavior Change & Community Health, Save The Children, USA, OSRA Program & Deepak Batra, Head of Public Health, Middle East & Africa, IQVIA, OSRA Program, UAE
Youth Matters: Enhancing their Wellbeing
Date: Thursday, September 7 | Time: 16:00-17:00
- Fit for life initiative which supports inclusive and integrated policy making to enhance the wellbeing of youth around the world
- Overview on joint program and collaboration between WHO & UNICEF
- Mental health programs for children at schools
- Marta Pirzadeh, Senior Technical Advisor, AYSRHR, OSRA Program, Pathfinder
PPP in Healthcare Sector
Date: Friday, September 8 | Time: 9:30-10:30
- The importance of public-private partnerships in advancing health and population programs
- Case studies showcasing successful public-private partnerships in healthcare delivery and infrastructure development
- Key principles and strategies for effective collaboration between the public and private sectors
- Dr. Mohamed Abou Nar, Chief of Party, OSRA Program, Senior Country Director, Egypt and Middle East and North Africa Strategy Lead, Pathfinder Egypt
- Deepak Batra, Head of Public Health, Middle East & Africa, IQVIA, OSRA Program, UAE
Effective Communications: A Catalyst for Archiving Positive Health Outcomes
Date: Friday, September 8 | Time: 15:30-16:30
- The role of effective communications techniques in the success of health interventions
- Social Behavioral change for achieving positive health outcomes
- Targeted messaging for patient empowerment
- Utilizing communication techniques to influence policy decisions supporting healthy lives and livelihoods
- Dr. Hassan El-Sheikh, Managing Director, AC4H, OSRA Program