- Strengthen health centers and the capability of health workers to offer quality sexual and reproductive health services and counseling.
- Advocate for the availability of short-term, long-acting, permanent, and emergency contraception, so people of all ages can choose the method that’s best for them.
- Ensure young people access services without judgment or bias, so first-time parents and young people can get the services they need and the quality of care they deserve.
- Ensure women can access safe, legal abortion services, including lifesaving postabortion care, to protect their health.
- Engage community members with significant influence, including religious leaders, to create an environment that supports contraception.
- Support the Ministry of Health to strengthen its ability to deliver and manage effective sexual and reproductive health services.
Changing Lives in Burkina Faso
Pathfinder supports Burkina Faso’s Ministry of Health to expand sexual and reproductive health care amid threats of worsening security conditions, climate change, and humanitarian crises. Our programs support contraceptive access and choice; comprehensive abortion care; maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition; and water, sanitation, and hygiene. Together, we ensure women and girls from underprivileged backgrounds and young people can access the care they need from community-based services and in public and private health facilities.