- Make sure young people can prevent unintended pregnancy and space their births—an investment that offers profound benefits to today’s youth and future generations
- Focus on the most socially and economically vulnerable individuals, so they can exercise their sexual and reproductive rights without fear or boundary
- Make sure a full range of contraceptive methods are always available, including injectables, so people of all ages can choose the option that’s best for them
- Train thousands of community health workers to bring contraceptive choice and safe motherhood to the doorsteps of India’s hardest-to-reach people
- Stop preventable maternal deaths by making sure women can access high-quality, respectful maternal care at every point—from their homes to the health facility
Changing lives in India since 1963.
385 million young people under the age of 15. The largest generation of young people in history is coming of age in India. How will they shape their country’s future if they can’t protect their health? About 43,000 women and girls die from complications in pregnancy and childbirth each year.
Pathfinder is changing this. We have a long history of partnering with the government of India to bring information and services to the people who need them most. From long-acting contraception for adolescents to emergency care for pregnant women who live far away from a health facility, we go where the need is greatest.