Pathfinder envisions strong, inclusive, resilient health systems that ensure and integrate coverage, access, and use of quality, person-centered sexual and reproductive health and rights services into universal health coverage. This brief highlights the legacies of four Pathfinder projects that supported sustainable health systems strengthening around the world.
These snapshots describe Pathfinder’s strategic efforts across the world to advance the following:
- Rights, agency, and choice among individuals and communities, particularly women, girls, and other historically marginalized persons and groups;
- Universal access to diverse, responsive points of care at all levels of the health system—from community to facility to district to tertiary—for a minimum package of quality essential health services;
- Health system resilience and readiness to withstand shocks and stressors from climate, conflict, pandemics, and other emergencies, throughout a cycle of preparation, adaptation, and recovery;
- An enabling policy and social environment in which these individual-, community-, facility-, and system-level ideals can be achieved; and
- Continuous monitoring and measurement of the impact and longevity of HSS interventions to inform iterative adaptation, replication, and sustained scale-up of nationally led successful programs