- Created opportunities for young people to debate important topics—the ways girls and boys interact, how they share power, and how it affects their health
- Met the needs of young people at their various life stages—from very young adolescents to married and parenting adolescents
- Trained and mentored Uganda’s Village Health Teams to respond to adolescents’ urgent sexual and reproductive health needs
- Supported community leaders and parents to take part in trainings to end harmful gender norms and become GREAT champions
- Engaged young people using a community game, a serial radio drama, activities, and flipbooks, so they have fun while transforming their thinking
Gender Roles, Equality, and Transformations
In post-conflict northern Uganda, Pathfinder joined the Institute of Reproductive Health at Georgetown University and Save the Children to develop and test a package of innovative activities to transform gender norms, reduce gender-based violence, and promote gender equality and sexual and reproductive health among adolescents ages 10-19.