- Empower and mobilize local communities and households to adopt healthy behaviors.
- Raise awareness about family planning, maternal and child health, early childhood development, income-generating activities, financial education at the community level.
- Engage men and boys to adopt positive attitudes and behaviors toward family planning, gender-based violence prevention, and women’s rights.
- Advocate for the socio-economic wellbeing of households in rural areas.
- Engage the local media and radio stations to broadcast information about healthy behaviors and essential health information and services.
Merankabandi (Social Safety Net) Project
Merankabandi increases access to quality maternal and child health services in Burundi’s Karusi, Ruyigi, Gitega, and Kirundo provinces. The project supports the Government of Burundi to increase social security coverage to meet the needs of marginalized communities and households. Pathfinder promotes the adoption of healthy behaviors around family planning, early childhood development, nutrition, financial education, and maternal and child health.