- Strengthens the capacity of central and local government authorities to deliver quality comprehensive postabortion care services at public health facilities.
- Addresses stigma and normalizes the use of these services, leading to sustained demand and prioritization.
- Helps the Government of Tanzania to prepare health systems and communities to support women’s and girls’ access to comprehensive postabortion care by collaborating with national and regional officials, hosting high-level meetings and trainings and learning visits.
- Targets decision makers and influencers within the Government of Tanzania and other government agencies to cultivate champions within the national health system and across the government.
- Enlist and engage champions within the Government of Tanzania to promote investments in cPAC under safe motherhood initiatives.
Pamoja—meaning “together” in Swahili—aims to reduce maternal deaths caused by unsafe abortion by supporting the Government of Tanzania to improve women’s and girls’ access to quality comprehensive postabortion care.