- Activating the site that would provide comprehensive HIV services
- Training, mentoring, and supervising facility staff to increase quality of care
- Educating mentor mothers to function as peer counsellors for PMTCT clients
- Engaging case managers to provide guidance and support for patients to keep appointments and promote antiretroviral adherence and retention-in-care
- Promoting community engagement through TBAs and male peer educators
Global Fund HIV Project
Focused on strategies aimed at increasing access to comprehensive HIV services (HTS, PMTCT, TB/HIV and ART) for both general and key populations while aligning with the goal of attaining the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal, this project was implemented in eight states (Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, & Gombe) and supported 191 facilities (45 comprehensive facilities, 146 PHCs) & two one stop shops.