Adapting and Implementing the Beyond Bias Model: Solutions to Reduce Provider Bias in Contraceptive Service Delivery for Youth and Adolescents
The Beyond Bias project has helped us not only to understand what drives provider bias, but has also introduced scalable solutions addressing it, ultimately improving the quality of care for contraceptive services for young people. This publication is a step-by-step guide to the Beyond Bias model and shares the opportunities available for adapting and institutionalizing the model in other contexts while offering insightful lessons from the field.
Each section of the guide:
- Grounds each step within the context of the overall program
- Explains in detail why the step matters
- Provides step-by-step guidance on how to plan, implement, and monitor specific activities
- Offers alternatives if you need to adapt or adjust activities
- Includes insightful lessons from the field
- Gives our top “do’s”, “don’ts”, and tips for success
- Provides examples and links to actual tools and materials you can use or adapt
The guide is available in English, French and Portuguese. Additional Implementation Resources, as noted in the guide, can be found below.
- Presentation: Beyond Bias Practical “How-to Guide”
- Webinar: Tackling Provider Bias in Contraceptive Service Delivery (Part 2)
- Webinaire: Réduire les préjugés des prestataires dans l’offre de services de contraception aux jeunes (Partie 2)
Additional Implementation Materials:
Please see below for links to additional supporting implementation materials referenced in the how-to guide. These materials are available in English.